SUPERSPORT CHAMPIONS EFC
Double EFC champion, Dalcha Lungiambula, signs with UFC
Johannesburg, South Africa – Today SuperSport, the leader in sports broadcasting, announced a multi-year broadcast partnership with EFC, a world renowned Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) organisation.
With the global meteoric growth of MMA and EFC over the last 10 years, SuperSport has doubled down on the sport and now brings viewers the best MMA content that the world has to offer: partnering with UFC, the Las Vegas based global MMA powerhouse, plus now EFC, the African based sport entertainment sensation.
“Well aware of the international growth of MMA, we are proud to partner with EFC,” said Gideon Khobane, SuperSport’s chief executive. “Apart from high-quality contests, EFC’s excellent production values are consistent with SuperSport’s and we look forward to embarking on this great journey together.
“We are extremely excited to partner with SuperSport,” adds EFC President Cairo Howarth. “SuperSport provides fans across Africa the best possible viewing of EFC content, in HD and in multiple languages, promoting EFC, associated brands and athletes more than ever before.”
The new partnership will see hours of dedicated EFC programming every day on SuperSport, as well as 10 live primetime events per year. Notable highlights of the new broadcast partnership include:
- EFC’s live event broadcast will feature all five main card bouts, aired live in primetime between 20:00 and 23:00 CAT on SuperSport.
- EFC’s hit reality series, The Fighter – with season 2 (TF2) currently in production – will make its debut on SuperSport.
- All EFC content will be broadcast in High Definition, giving fans the best viewer experience.
- All live events will also be carried on multiple platforms including DStv online platforms and at www.supersport.com
- Additional EFC events, such as the official weigh-ins and pre- and post-event media briefings will be carried live on SuperSport.
- EFC programming will be seen regularly on SuperSport channels throughout Sub-Saharan Africa, via the broadcast of the full EFC library.
Added to this exciting news, double division EFC champion, Dalcha Lungiambula, was revealed to have signed with UFC. He follows the likes of EFC champions Don Madge and Danny Henry to recently sign with the Las Vegas based organisation.
Due to signing with UFC, Lungiambula has vacated his titles, making interim champ, USA’s Jared Vanderaa, now the undisputed heavyweight champion, and the light heavyweight division in search of a new king.
It was also revealed that Vanderaa will make his first title defence against the number 1 contender, DRC’s hard-hitting Ricky Misholas.
EFC content starts broadcasting on SuperSport beginning March 2019, with the first live broadcast of EFC 77 Van Staden vs Cummins, Vanderaa vs Misholas, taking place on Saturday 16 March live from Time Square, Menlyn Maine, Pretoria. Tickets are on sale soon at computicket.com, and the 5 main card bouts will be broadcast live on SuperSport (Africa). Full broadcast details available on efcworldwide.com.