UFC® FIGHT NIGHT: ZABIT vs. KATTAR – Review
- Over the weekend, UFC returned to Russia for the second time this year. The eagerly anticipated event saw a sell-out crowd of 11,305 people in attendance. The main event saw featherweight athlete Zabit Magomedsharipov put on a dominant performance to defeat Calvin Kattar via unanimous decision.
- Looking forward to his next bout, Zabit said “I’m 6-0 in the UFC. I want the winner of Hollway versus Volkanovski. I promise if I get that fight, I’ll be ready for five rounds and I will be better next time.”
- English welterweight athlete Danny Roberts put on an outstanding performance and returned to winning ways on Saturday night after defeating Zelim Imadaev via second round knockout.
- Delighted with the win, Roberts said: “I feel fantastic. It’s been a long time coming. You’ve got a lot of people on the outside looking in, people who look at us and see how we perform. For all those who doubted me, what are you going to say now? I’ve come back stronger. I’ve got things to work on, but I’m still going to make it to the top. I’ve got big plans and nothing can stop me from making them happen.”
- Davey Grant’s first fight of 2019 went to plan. The Englishman went the distance with Grigorii Popov defeating him via split decision.
- Analysing his performance, Grant said: “I thought I’d be a bit more overpowering on the ground, but he did well. He caught me deep in an armbar and it was hard to get out of. I mean no disrespect, but I thought his striking would be better. I felt way too fast and elusive for him.”
- Unfortunatelty a rough night for Congolese born, Dalcha Luingumbula as he fell victim to a vicious KO compliments of Ankalaev. Dalcha had some encouraging moments early until he was dominated late in Round 1 and finished in round 2 taking him to 1-1 in the UFC.