- In the main event of the evening, Colby Covington produced a dominant performance to defeat Tyron Woodley via TKO in the fifth round. “Chaos” impressed against the former champion and has reinserted himself into the welterweight title picture with the victory.
- Calling out fellow welterweights Kamaru Usman and Jorge Masvidal, Covington said: “I want to dedicate this fight to all the first responders and all the military. This world would not be safe without you guys. ‘Marty Fake News-man’ and ‘Street Judas’, we’ve got unfinished business. There’s nowhere to run and there’s nowhere to hide. I’m coming for you. You’re next.
- Khamzat Chimaev continued his incredible winning streak with a KO victory over Gerald Meerschaert after just 17 seconds of the first round. The undefeated middleweight has now won all three of his contests inside the Octagon®.
- Discussing his journey so far, Chimaev said: “It’s been crazy. People come to me and take pictures. But I did my hard work in the gym—always. Now living close to the gym, I go from my home to the gym and back. When I go to the streets, people come to speak with me. I love people have respect for this sport.
If you win and fight like that, everybody loves you. I’ve got to keep going and smash people. I never have pressure before the fights. I’ve done this all my life. Now I am a professional fighter. I was ready for a first-round finish, but if I couldn’t finish him in the first round I would make him tired and in the second round choke him out. I’m ready for everybody.
- In a close encounter, Kevin Holland defeated Londoner Darren Stewart by a split decision. Holland has now won six of his last seven bouts and extends his current winning streak to three with the victory.
- Open to a rematch, Holland said: “The past few weeks, everything’s been fantastic. I can’t complain. The only thing I can complain about is not getting a finish. Hats off to Stewart for going out there and giving me a tough fight. We were throwing hard, but my face is pretty tough and his face is pretty tough. Our fists just aren’t as tough as our faces, so we just kept going. He started using his elbows at the end and cut me open. If he didn’t cut me open, we could have run our rematch sooner. Thanks for giving me some time to go home and work on some things. I’m not like most guys. Most guys get a decision and are like, ‘I did it!’ Squeaking by is never good enough for my family. That goes for all the kids at home. If you think you’re going to squeak by, you better bring your grades up at the end of the year.”